Our Principles of Practice
Organizations are human systems constructed through human relationships, and manifested and perpetuated through language and communication – through the stories they tell about themselves.
Change at the individual, group, and organizational level is motivated by clear, positive images of what is possible, a compelling vision, and is propelled by a shift in how people talk about, live and interact in their day-to-day lives.
Because these behaviors and practices are typically embedded in organizational structures (policies, procedures, practices) and group dynamics, (roles, responsibilities both formal and informal), our focus is at the center of it all – each person and each team within the context of the whole organization system.
Our relationships with clients help them to clarify their goals based on where they are, where they want to go, and how they will help their people develop the roadmaps to get there. We do that by:
- Partnering – Working closely with our clients to focus on what they want to achieve, and what strengths they could leverage to surpass their imagination.
- Communicating The Organization’s Culture – Bringing to light explicit and implicit cues of how the current culture is expressed and finding new ways to express the culture they aspire to live.
- Honoring What Exists – Listening to what works and encouraging people to build on that in new and creative ways for future success.
- Leverage Diversity – We encourage our clients to develop a culture that sees the engagement of diversity as a core requirement of doing good work and unleashing creativity on teams.
- Imagining What Is Possible – Inviting the voices of multiple stakeholders within and outside the organization to imagine the organization’s future and determining how to get there.
- Solidifying And Implementing Strategy – Creating the approach and taking the concrete steps that will achieve the vision created.